So Cal Code Camp - USC Los Angeles (11/9 & 11/10)


It is nearly time for my absolute favorite dev event of the year - So Cal Code Camp @USC Los Angeles - November 9th and 10th. There is no place else where being a nerd is so much fun. Last year's event was amazing. I did the full weekend, Saturday, Sunday, the speaker's dinner Friday night, and the not to be missed geek dinner on Saturday night. When I was not giving talks, I sat in and listened to lots of great talk by others.


So Cal Code Camp is a FREE event. Two days of dev talks for FREE, even the geek dinner is FREE. So you have no excuse not to come and hangout with your fellow developers. Plus you may get lucky and win one of the great prizes that will be auctioned off. 

This year I am giving two talks: one on HTML5 Game programming and another on the super cool open source PhoneGap/Cordova framework. 

If you have already seen my HTML5 Game programming, you have to come to this one. The code has been cleaned up and sound, levels, and scoring have been added. So there is a lot to show. I also use the super cool jQuery deferred objects and show how they make your code cleaner.

PhoneGap is an open source framework for making mobile apps. If you can program the web, you can use PhoneGap to make mobile apps. In this talk I will show how simple it is.

If you plan to attend either of these talks be sure to click the interested button. Room sizes are allocated based on the community interest. I had a couple of standing room only talks last year because more people showed up than had indicated their interest. Here are the links to my talks:

Beginning HTML5 Game Programming
Sunday, Nov. 10th at 12:30 PM, Room ZHS 159

Building Mobile Apps with PhoneGap and Backbone
Sunday, Nov. 10th at 10:15 AM, Room SLH 100

For more information check out the website: http://www.socalcodecamp.com/

Popular Posts